Sunday 7 March 2010

Freedom never has short cuts


There are so many intangible thoughts and vague desires that I'm beginning to realise and cannot fully express. Have you ever felt a restlessness and unease that you're trying to 'figure out' or a deep peace in turmoil that doesn't seem to make any sense?

Some people's actions, a good film or book can touch me in a way that I want to jump up and down, proudly saying that this is some kind of clue for my life. I want to bookmark that particular page of my history.

I can relate to a discoverer finding important landmarks on his treasure map. In every person, I believe, can be pure desires to be met. These things are often small and large.

I've recently gone to one of London's libraries and taken out 'A long walk to freedom' by Nelson Mandela. I'm paging through the book, taken aback by his humble start, his perseverance and forgiving attitude. Not only is he a man that will stand up for what is right, he chooses to believe that which can be. He is not intimidated by the facts, but he seems to adopt the truth which has not realized yet. Freedom never has short cuts.

Success in life seems seldomly dressed in outwardly attractive gear. But rather in robes of forgiveness, patience and a compass showing North at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment