Sunday 21 March 2010

What is important?



We are such complicated creations. There are very few straightforward answers in life.

There can be two completely different people that see life through contradictory colours, have clashing world view-points who fall in love and begin to see eye- to eye. What they have so rigidly fought for dissolves in hypocrisy; or is it an opening of eyes?

What happens to us physically effects us mentally. For instance if a person would lose his legs in a car incident, he would most probably get deeply depressed at one stage. The person's attractive confidence is suddenly covered with a sad hopelessness and questioning in life.

Emotions will play a large role in our decision making. If we had a bad day it will be that more tempting to give less and be harsh when it is uncalled for. How we treat others will shape the way others treat us. Some will repay kindness with kindness whilst others will walk all over you.

When we find ourselves bursting with laughter and joy the one moment, the next we could be faced with a tragedy that will make the next years an incredible struggle.

One self help guru will swear on his helpful principles, whilst another will have evidence disproving the effectiveness of those points.

If we believe something but don't live it, it becomes powerless in our sphere. I can believe that being organized at work will save time in the long run, but if all I do is a mess and is never cleaned up then what I believe is useless.

When my thoughts centre around anything but Christ, and how to please Him, I believe it becomes time wasted. Who would know how to separate truth from lies and answers from confusion but the one who designed us and all we know around us.

When all my time is invested in something like finding love, money, happy emotions which will at one time get lost and taken from us then I strive for nothing. My goal is ultimately only an illusion. How disappointing it would be if I run a difficult long race only to find out it is all a tragic wild goose chase? Disappointing would not be the word to use; it would rather feel like something evil leaving you without breath. The ultimate deception.

However if my thoughts are not on my own abilities and my time is constantly invested in pleasing the creator, my life is an aroma to God. Whatever comes and goes in life is not important. If my eyes are always fixed on God's character my North is always fixed and I can never get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment