Tuesday 5 January 2010

The first day at work

The first day at a new job is always a little scary. The best way I like to handle the situation is to think less about what it will be like and put a smile on my face. I think the optimism worked in this case.

Maybe I should mention that my thoughts were more about missing my family , that I had the priviledge of visiting in America over Christmas and New years ,than work today. I think of the laughter playing 'Balderdash' and the tense competition whilst playing Wii together as a family. London is cold and dark in early January. The Christmas lights have almost all been taken down and the only thing left is knowing that the nights are already getting shorter and the sunshine is closer than before.

None of the house mates are back from their holiday yet. I'm up at night wondering what my options are. Should I stay in London much longer and travel a little more or is it time for more sunshine and friendly faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment