Monday 11 January 2010

Now faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen





"You should start talking rather than listening to yourself" this is the most profound statement I've heard in a while. I tried looking it up on the Internet and can't seem to find who said or wrote it. The crux is this; we, I in particular, easily start spiralling downhill if my thoughts aren't checked with truth. On the other hand when I start speaking truth my thoughts seem to just go along with it.





When I feel low being thankful can be like doing my chores. I hate doing them but as soon as I start I remember why I need to be thankful and soon enough I don’t want to stop.


Seeing so little sun in England makes my mood absolutely dark. When I’m around people I’m fine but as soon as I’m alone I start seeing the world through dark sunglasses. I guess every person goes though times like this.
I’m feeding myself with good music, uplifting books and reading biblical scripture which builds me up. I feel like I’m walking through a sand storm. Fortunately the truth is that my emotions don’t necessarily depict where I’m at in life. The truth is that I’m carrying onwards, step by step. Soon when the storm subsides I’ll look back and see how far I’ve trudged through the desert

My oasis awaits me.

1 comment:

  1. Music & singing are my ladders out of dark holes that I sometimes find myself in too. It's the one thing I know will help pull me out of my misery. And you're right, it is hard to do it sometimes....I totally relate. But I've learnt that putting on a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness is the best thing for me. :)

    ReplyDelete